Monday, September 01, 2003

Come Crash Into Me....

I woke up to the sudden booming of thunder and and crackle of lightning. Yet another day of typical Philippine weather. I tell ya, our weather stations have the reputation of the being the most reliable ones in the world. They only have three reports: Very Hot, Rainy and, at certain seasons, Typoon. As typical of this region's weather, after struggling to suit up for a wet day in the rain, the clouds parted to reveal the sun mocking at the pathetic efforts of mankind. Damn Mother Nature and her games.

Hmm, I finally scrounged up the courage to at least send a text message to the girl I met at the store. Something in the lines of maybe getting together and having a cup of coffee. Much to my disappointment and relief she didn't texted back. It's better to imagine she's busy or had no load then to dread to see her message. Will she accept my offer? Will she call up her bodyguards to beat the crap out of me? Oh well, we'll just see and tommorrow's another day and maybe I'll scrounge up enough courage to call her personally.

Today is the first day of the month and I got my monthly allowance from home. By some sort of divine inspiration, I detoured not into a bookstore but into a music shop. Imagine to amazement they actually had the very rare Dave Matthews Band live albums, the one in Chicago and another in New Jersey. Without any thought of possible future repurcussions, I immediately bought the cds and headed straight to the cashier, with a silly grin on my place.

Much later, I found out they cost a helluva lot and find myself without extra money for two weeks. Damn, back to bread and water.

The Helm's Deep game has cancelled, and moved to end of November. This Friday we'll be re-enacting that scenario of the Seven Knights, wherein there are seven suicidal knights against a horde of enemies. The Famous Last Stand as we like to term it. It's me with the horde, of course against seven crusader elves. Hmmm, this might be interesting after all.

Now listening to: Dave Matthews, Live in Chicago
Song Title: Crash into me
Number of times listened to this cd since buying: 10 times

Oh I watch you there
through the window
And I stare at you
You wear nothing
but you wear it so well
tied up and twisted
the way I'd like to be
For you, for me,
come crash into me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home