Monday, September 15, 2003

Run Away! It's a Bibliophile!!!

Ok, I'm really sick. Sick as in I'm physically and emotionally not well. The kind where you get a runny nose that flows like a waterfall and a fever so hot like a steamed fishball. While that sucks for some people, it's a mixed blessing for me as I get to spend whole day at my room, reading the latest book I bought.

I really love books. There's not a thing in this world that would make me lose my love for books. I'm probably the most noisest person in a bookstore or library for that matter cuz when I see a fave book or a new release by a good author I just go bananas. Hehe, there was a time I did a jig on a store just cuz David Edding's The Rivan Codex was available and there was just one copy left. And it was embarrasing, yet hey, I still it was still worth it...I think. Besides, I've been waiting for it in ages. And once I get started, there's not a thing in this world that would me sit up and notice the world is still alive. My ex left me in the park once cuz she was so disgusted that I wasn't paying any attetion to her when I was so engrossed in a novel, and it was a full ten minutes till I realized I was alone. It's entirely possible that I will forget a love one's birthday just cuz I'm deep into pages of Terry Goodkind's Faith of the Fallen.

I just don't read books like a bookworm does, I devour them. I gorged on the pages and chew at the words. J.K. Rowling's Order of the Phoenix took me only 9 hours of non stop reading and occasional visits to the bathroom.

And yes, did I mention I'm sick? It's probably the reason for today's entry, might be I'm just too sick to go out and find something to talk about. Or especially something to rant...yes definitely something to curse at, judging by my disposition. So this goes to elitist people I know, bastards who think they're high ang mighty yet don't know even the proper way of speaking even if you hit it over their heads. To those people: GET A DICTIONARY and BUGGER OFF!!!

It's entirely possible they won't understand since they're limited to only up to two or three syllables; any more and their brains tend to crash. Ah well...

Highly Recommended...

Fantasy Author:Terry Goodkind
Sci-Fi Author: Isaac Asimov
Historical Fantasy Series: Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin
Fave Light Fantasy Series: David Eddings
High Fantasy Series: Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien
Parallel World Series: Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist
Humor Fantasy Series: Discworld Series by Terry Pratchett
Graphic Novel Series: Lone Wolf and Cub by Goseki Kojima

You'll notice that most books recommended are fantasy. It's my choice of genre and while it comprimises a large part of my library I do read other books by authors like John Grisham, Kazou Koike, Stephen King and others. Its just my preference, I guess.

Now reading: Lords and Ladies by Terry Pratchett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home