Sunday, January 18, 2004

Hamster's Birthday Bash

It's just a little over an hour after midnight, and I'm the only one awake after my birthday party. Lotsa people came over, from batchmates to community people and other assorted friends. My party is actually a kind of an annual mini-reunion, and the first one after four years and I think I think it went well, not sure because I was running to and fro entertaining the guests. All in all, it was a cool party ... I think.

Nevertheless, I am so damn tired. I was up 10 in the morning cleaning up the place till 6 in the afternoon, barely just in time to take a bath and out on some clothes before the guests arrive. And that didn't end the it at all, since I was busy spiffing things up and entertaining the people. By the end of the party I could barely open my eyes as I trudged down the party area, cleaning ( again!!! WTF?!!! I'm supposed to be the celebrant and I'm cleaning?!!!) up the place. Everyone is damn asleep so it leaves to me, the b-day boy, to make sure that the gates are lock, the lights off etc etc etc...

Well, I just finished cleaning up the place since I'm the only one not yet dead to the world. And here I am again babbling online, vast relief overflowing because of the silence and the mood that brings. Wherever I am, I'll probably stay as a nocturnal person, a creature of the night that haunts the darkness of my subdivision. Which, by this time, gives me a window of 4 to 5 hours of sleep since I have to wake up to go to work.

So I just turned 24. Whoopedoo. Now what? Well, I guess it's time for me to make b-day resolutions, some I intend to keep. Here goes, Hamster's resolutions...

1. Build a Website: It is time. The place is perfect. The only damn problem is that I'm always too damn tired to do it. I'll probably work on it on a Sunday to make it happen.

2. Lose some weight: Yes, I gained mucho pounds when I came back from Manila. Must be those delicious home cookings. I'll try to offset my eating habits with jogging, boxing and basketball.

3. Propose to this certain girl: Well, we didn't have our lunch date, but we get to have a dinner date in Manila this week. I'm leaving for Manila this Thursday, pray I don't fall down and worship the ground when the plane lands hehe.

4. Really learn MX Flash, Adobe Premier and Photoshop, not just the basics. Then start a sideline business on web designing to earn extra moolah.

5. Write a Novel: Yeah yeah, I've been trying to start for ages but I keep always losing myself after a couple of pages. Methinks I need an inspiration...or perhaps a Muse visitation ( wow...it rhymes!)

6. Join a rockfest: This is feasible, though the only stumbling block is our lead guitarist is having second thoughts. Ah well, to wherever the leaves fall down...

7. Collect Anime Vcds: Pikachu, I choose you!!! and all that other nonsense. Might be good business to sell this stuff here, since I'm probably gonna monopolize the market of bootleg anime cds.

8. Update this journal regularly!!! 'Nuff said!!!!

And that's that. I guess we'll see over a couple of months if I can pull it off, slave that I am...

State of Mind: Tiredness Personified Quadrupled...But Happy.
Song of the Day: Bacause of You by Nickelback
Number of Guests: 46 very hungry people
Number of Gifts: 7....arrrgh...I want more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home