Friday, May 28, 2004

Operation: Connecting People and Other Related Stuff

Okay, something's bugging my computer, inlight that I haven't updated in the last couple of days. If I remember, I was ranting the other day about how bored I am and there's nothing to do around here. That's not really the case actually; I just like to vend off steam once in while in fits of boredom ( though there are days that would make me scream and scream for variety and in exchage for silence. But I digress...

So, as I said my computer's been shot down and I'm here in my Dad's office writing. I think it's time for a major rehauling of my PC anyways, and luckily just in time for our big plan, Operation: Connecting People ( Insert Nokia Disclaimer Here ).

What's "Operation: Connecting People" you ask. Wala lang, it's just a plan to connect our PC's through a LAN-based inviroment in our home, enabling us to chat, play music and send files within the confines of our homes. And naturally to play games also!!! Ulterior motive galore!!! So what's with the fancy title? Nothing really, kinda like a politician naming a big project costing billions of pesos just so he can change his bathtub and sprinkler system. Whatever...

So this means I probably can't update my blog and read my mails in my PC for a couple of days or so, probably going online at Tuesday or Wednesday. In any case, there's still Dad's PC and the internet cafes...

Oh, last couple of days ago I held my very first meeting in the company, meaning me in front, alone with beads of sweat pouring down my face as my people watched. It was about the recent sales week that we had, and basically giving a run down on what happened and stuff. IN Front of the whole company. That means the accounting department, sales department, the Bodega Boyz etc. Lasted for just ten minutes though, and I can say it was kinda ok. The only weird transistion when I talk to people is the age group. During the years, I'm used to talking to the "younger generation", imparting my "knowledge and wisdom of the ages" ( whatever, take it as you will, hehehe...). Now I'm talking to men and women older then me and giving them orders, some of them half as twice as old as me. Creeps me out it does, though time will probably grind those feelings down. For now though, it always gives me chills in my spine...

Oh, having watched the Starwars: Clone Wars in Cartoon Network, I resolved to change my Warhammer 40k Space Marine Army from Salamaders to White Consuls. I like the Storm Troopers in the series, especially in the episode where an elite group infiltrated the city without back-up or stuff. The only thing that's bothering me is that white is so hard a color, to paint and to maintain. Hmmm, must find a way to paint white in a good way...

So.

One weird thing happened last night. One "sister" of mine, who I like and starting to develop a crush on, has stopped calling me "Kuya". GASP!!! Can this be a sign? Should I make my move, even if I had resolved myself never to touch that issue again?!! I don't know. I don't really know. For now, I like her, and we talk on the phone regularly, but nothing is going on and I won't let it stray into the bounderies of hopeless fantasy. There were times though, that I wish...

Brrrr....

Anyways, speaking of THAT, my best friend is trying to hitch me up with a blind date with this certain girl. I don't know her, but from what I gather, she's articulate, well-read, intelligent and into a lot of things ( not those things you green minded people!!! ). In any case, I said yes. Besides, what else is good to do in this place? Maybe she is as good as her "resume" tells me of her. Maybe she's the destined one. Maybe she's dreaded "blind-date" of hell. Maybe ... ah well, perhaps sparks will fly. Or rain crap from the heavens. I don't care. I'm like a wooden doll in this case. I'll just say this though, in the words of immortal men of the ages.

BRING IT ON!!!

Whehehehehe....

State of Mind: Working Mode
Song of the Day: Songs from the Buddha Bar Album
Now Reading: PC Gamer, E3 Special
Just Bought: Ghost In The Shell, DVD Special

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home