Sunday, May 09, 2004

Sports News

I'll make this very brief, since I just played basketball and my whole body is in pain right now.

So...

The Pacqiao-Marquez fight came to a not-so-stunning conclusion of a draw, meaning there would be a rematch sometime July to September, if negotiations push through. Pacqiao was stunning in the first round, almost taking a 1st round victory, then began lagging on the 7th to the 11th round, then finished with a strong 12th. Marquez, to his credit, is one tough bastard, rolling with the punches and delivering vicious counterstrikes. In fact, I knew it would come to a draw before the fight ended, or a very slight victory in favor of Marquez. This boxer is one very hard customer, keeping his distance from the Pacman's strong left and using his reach as leverage. Very nice strategy, the Pacman couldn't get close enough to deliver the finishing blow. Ah well, in any case, both got their purses full, to the tune of 500,000 US dollars. We'll get 'em next time!

As I said, I just got back from basketball today, and whew it was fun. The weather started a little stormy, but it finally drizzled off enough for us to play ball. Got out-rebounded by a friggen soccer player, Bas, whose bamboo-like body enabled him to jump and run like a gazelle and take body checks like a rhino. I had a hard time trying to box him out myself so I have better position in getting rebounds. Damn, that friend of mine must be part monkey.

You wanna know about the weirdest thing that happened today? I played three straight games...and I only partially tired. It's like, whoa, where did I suddenly gain the stamina? It's only after a couple of hours I realized it came with a hefty price...

My body is pain right now. Somewhere in my left lower back there's this stabbing sensation that's annoying me for the past four hours, courtesy of the defense. My feet have offically declared a stike and consolidated by making me walk like a duck on drugs. You know you can move your feet a little right? Mine feels like a slab of iron; it just won't budge. I now know how rigor mortis feels like.

But, in any case, it was damn good fun, what with the High School Varsity team joining with us. I need to do this every week, just to get those extra pounds taken care of.

Must remember to do a more thorough stretching, not just the regulars ones...

State of Mind: Dull Ache
Song of the Day: Fragile by Sting
Now Reading: PSM, Metal Gear 3 issue
Game Stats: 8 Points, 14 rebounds and 7 assists

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home