Monday, May 10, 2004

What's With The Rain?/ The Service Continues!!!

Wheee!!! Rainy days are here again! I always smile during gloomy days, and today is no exception as I went to work with large overcast clouds hanging in the sky with a slight drizzle that annouces to the world that it's going to pour by the buckets. Which is kinda weird, considering that I always have a very sunny disposition as told by other people. Sure I guess, I laugh most of the time without a care in the world, but that's just a small thing compared to my simple joy of knowing that the rainy season is here to stay. So from now on, I'm more energetic, more amicable and more "myself" then me the other months before. It's just me I guess, but I just like the feeling of these particular kind of days. What does that say about me? I don't know, and I don't really care that much. Just to feel the slight moisture in your face, listen to the tap-tapping of the raindrops on the roof and feeling the cool breeze that surrounds you is enough to make me a contented man.

So.

I won't talk about work, it's still boring as hell. I'm a man of action and thoughts; looking at the damn ceiling or table for 8 hours a day is enough to drive anyone nuts. Business is slow these days, as the rain pours people tend to stay at the comfort of their homes. Me, if I can only get out of the office, I'd be traipsing around Iloilo with only a jacket and silly grin at my face. Did I mention I really really like the rain?

After work though, we three elders of the YFC community talked about the future of the community and SFC, namely me as the oldest member ( 2nd provincial batch ); Mark, our revered spiritual counselor/leader and retired mission volunteer; and She, SFC full-time worker and one of the Siren Sisters. There used to be a lot of us, all leaders from just one cluster who singlehandedly looked after the province. We three are the probably the only ones left who are still active. Others are somewhat active, some were disillusioned, The talks were long and deals mostly on what will happen after YFC, namely breaking ground for the SFC so that our "aging flock", as brother Mark calls it, won't get lost when they get older. Lot's of plans and stuff, most likely I'll help in the planning ( like duh! of course I'm helping ) and probably move up as Province MV for Iloilo SFC while Mark will be our CFC coordinator as he's already married. That's just the tentative plan though, as I'm going to ask Dad in six months if I can become a MV for Singles. Why six months? That's what the doctor recommended, no surprises or serious decisions till the end of six months. That would be November I think, so I'm praying for this one, as it's really hard to battle your conscience knowing that your community needs your help. I guess that's what they call second nature to leaders.

I miss the old guys, especially our leader Mark. Even he came in late ( damn, I remember I was his DGL when he came in ), he was our focal point in our service ( those years in the seminary done him some real good ). Now that he's married, things are either going to be difficult or easier, depending on where he will live permantly, since he goes back to the mountainous hinterlands of Antique to stay for the weekend with his wife.

In any case, we really have to prepare for the next big thing, which would be Singles of course. Besides, after Youth, where will you go?

I guess this is up for God to decide whether this dream will come through or not. With prayers of course.

State of Mind: Possibilities are Endless
Song of the Day: Singing in the Rain by Jamie Cullum
Now reading: Merv Pumpkinhead, Agent of D.R.E.A.M. by Neil Gaiman
Hours spent talking: 6pm to 11pm...5 hours total

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home