Thursday, July 22, 2004

Men and Shopping: A Total Myth

I'm too tired to think...working overtime does that to you. So I'll just ramble the highlights of what happened today...

Still no sign of my ex, She Who Looks Like One Big Lumpy Balloon. Maybe I will get to see her this coming Monday. Maybe she did see me and will never come back. Ah well...

Due to insistant family demand ( more appropraitely, I was shouted and nagged ) , I have to take a medical exam not because of a virulent disease or even a plague, but because I snore. Loudly. Like a thunder foretelling the end of the world. Whatever. So this coming Sunday, I'll be taking my sleep test, to determine that if a. I have some sort of sleep disorder, b. I'm perfectly healthy even if I have a fat ass or c. during the course of the testing, inadvertedly discover the meaning of life. Hmmm....

My cousin texted me this afternoon out of the blue, basically asking some questions on men and shopping. Yeah right, as if those two go together like milk and cookies. Speaking for the whole of dickdom ( perhaps three-fourths; excepting gays, bi's, metrosexuals and other what-have-you's...), we men usually shop a single item in just under 15 minutes. Women generally take longer, around 2 to 3 hours, and that's just comparing two items, agonizing which one to buy, looking at all sides of the issue ( from practicality to fashion ) and in the end, decides to buy both items. This is the part that's lost on the men, and I still don't understood why women torture themselves. Do they have a streak of masochism? Another weird fact is the effect of salesday on females. They don't buy the item in question because its too pricey, yet when saleday comes, they buy vast quantities in bulk that exceed two or even three times the original price. Maybe in the backs of their minds, they are more into wholesale then retail. Which bring me to the next issue.

Women are fanatics to certain items, usually clothes, shoes and bags. They will buy a bag/dress/sandals just for that certain day, then will not wear it for a long time. My point is that if you agonize over the price, which is practical, practically goes out of the window if you use it only for one/two/three times a year. Men, on footwear, generally have three pairs of shoes: everyday shoes, sports shoes and shoes for special occasion. And that....

Nah, I'm tired of rambling the age-old question of women and their peculiarities. Perhaps I'll finish this next week, after my sleep exam.

Tommorow is the batch vigil for Venus, our dearly departed classmate. We are going on full strength to show our support and love for her and her family, and this will probably turn into a bittersweet reunion. It sucks that we have to meet in such sorrow...
No updates tommorow and Sunday, busy weekends on the go. Must have reserve energies recharged and online. See you Monday.

State of Mind: Dead Tired
Song of the Day: Friday I'm in Love by The Cure ( make a guess, hehe )Now Reading: Krondor the Betrayal by Raymond E. Feist
Wishing for: A chance to settle down for a while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home