Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Sorrow and Wonderment

A high school classmate of ours died today of brain cancer, and this marks as somewhat of a turning point to of us in our batch. One of these is that we our not getting any younger, we need to enjoy life more. Corollary to this is that in order to enjoy life, you need to slave off some moolah for some years. So either way, me and my batch, and all the people for that matter, will always get screwed.

Except of course the elitists, sons and daughters of corrupt politicians, millionaires, leaders of religious fanatics groups, lawyers, and other kinds of people that usually fall in that bracket. To them I say fuck you all.

And yeah while I admit to being well off, perhaps rich even, but I slave my butt off for that money. And I never try to rise above the masses current level, content to be just one of the crowd. Anonymity does have its perks, and I always strive to achieve that, hard as it seems, considering I'm a gadget freak. Hmmmm, in retrospect, I always seem to be more comfortable with the lower to mid level classes of people than the higher ones. Maybe its because they make more sense than them...

Speaking of work, I now work 8 in the morning up to 10 in the evening, all because I need to stay in the office to supervise ( actually, to watch over ) the showroom construction. Its times like these that I stare at nothing and wonder where the heck I'm going to, figuratively speaking of course. It's true that they say that too much time in your hands will just drive you crazy with despair. Me, I haven't reached that part yet, am somewhere in the thin line of deep contemplation and utter boredom.

For the first time in 6 months, I took out my guitar and played a few riffs. I'm going to need my skills soon, since I plan to play songs at the wake of our ex-classmate. The batch planned to have a vigil in three days, which is on Saturday, and I need to practice to get the jive back. Hopefully, when I perform, I won't sound rusty...

For the better part of the week, I haven't seen my ex, the Devourer of Men, Eater of Souls. Perhaps she did see me and never came back; or maybe she's called in reinforcements and will return soon. In this case, I got to prepare myself.

God willing, this will blow over soon....

State of Mind: Tired...very tired....
Song of the Day: Sweet Steps by Junction 18
Now Reading: Sun Tzu's Art of War
Exhaustion Level:89% and lowering...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home