Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Prologue: Short Stories for Viewing

I started going to the gym this week, and I can now say with absolute certainity that there is a substitute for those long gone days of torture and the Spanish Inquisition. My body feels like it's been passed through a combination of neural synthesizers and molecular disassemblers and processed by hypervacuum rays.

Or, in plain English, beaten into ten shades of blue and pink.

And some people actually enjoy this?!

Actually, at the end of the day, I feel a little lighter, though I still question the amount of effort of doing this much for just feeling a little lighter.

Sigh.

Anyways, its been back to the grind, back to reality so to speak. Work has been satisfying so far, if you call my kind of work satisfying. The only thing I hate about my job is customer complaints. Since being the head of sales includes dealing with all problems related to sales, there isn't a day going by where I had to reassure, console, seek answers, make up stories or just plain lie to the customer in order to maintain peace and order. Sometimes I think the reason I write good stories is that I can whip them up in a second and actually make them believable.

Necessity is STILL the mother of invention.

Funny, how the world turns and grins you a lopsided smile. I keep complaining that my work never gives me time to write, while at the same time my work actually keeps me in practice, albeit in giving me the edge in thinking fast and smart.

To wit.

Starting maybe this week, I'll be posting some stories, mostly 5 or 6 part tales of mostly fantasy, with perhaps a couple of short stories of urban and science fiction, basing my structures on the likes of Dungeons and Dragons, Legend of the Five Rings, Nobilis, Call of Cthulhu and Warhammer. If things work out the way I see it to be, MWF would be for my blogs while STTHS would be for shorts. The reason seem obvious; I need to keep in practice. So expect the first one to come up this Sunday, if not this week. First up, Dungeons and Dragons...

Hmmm...wishes, wishes, wishes...

State of Mind: Battered thoughts....
Song of the Day: Ligaya by Kitchie Nadal/Eraserheads
Now Reading: Anansi's Boys by Neil Gaiman
Short Story Status: 40% finished

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home