Saturday, January 14, 2006

Hamster Musings

With my birthday just around the corner, I was thinking about a lot of things, mostly about having new stuff around my room, which I fondly named the Libravm ( yes, that's the exact spelling ). I recently added a new table, which doubles as my workbench for Warhammer and other miniature projects and as my computer workstation. Now, the only thing I need is time to arrange my stuff, plug in and format my run down desktop PC, redo the snarling lines and cables and finally stack my humongous collection of books in available places.

Easier said than done.

I already redid my blogsite, adding some spiffy chatbox and linkages and, in the near future, maybe add some pics. I'm now in the process of tranferring my old blog postings from my previous blogsite, and soon everything will be up and ready.

That being said, short stories will be on the way perhaps next week, once I get my time back and write stuff. This will posted on my links page, with regular updates every week ... I hope.

For my birthday, I might get a hamster. I used to own a hamster, aptly named Henry or King Henry. My reasoning is that since hamsters are basically solitary animals, if Henry died ( lifespan of a hamster: 5 years ) he would be succeeded by Henry the Second ( Shakespeare anyone?) and so on and so forth. But at the time that after Henry the First died, I went back to the province, hence denying me the chance of getting his successor. Looking back, I partly named this blog in honor of him, taking in the name of Hamster to sort of remember him by.

But that probably won't happen since I haven't yet prepared an area for him, let alone a cage. So I'm looking at February or March to getting one and crowning him King of Libravm, Lord of Papery Things. Musings, musings...

Since the worktable is up and ready, it's probably high time to get ready for the Warhammer Grand Tournament and finish my new army, the Ogre Kingdoms. I really miss gaming in Makati, and this year's GT I just want to play with a fully painted army, and win some games. I won't disillusion myself that I'll win, rusty as I am. Why aren't there any tabletop gamers here?! Arrrrrgh!!

Maybe next time I'll post some pics of the progress I've been doing...

State of Mind: Reflective Mood
Song of the Day: Hello by Radioactive Sago Project
Now Reading: The Hogfather by Terry Prachett
Looking for: My GF, for some reason, I suddenly miss her...

3 Comments:

Blogger Kyuzo said...

Hehe... been doing some re-arranging of my room as well. 2 weeks and running... but getting there. ;)

great-looking blog by the way. liked the changes you've done to it! :D

4:37 PM, January 15, 2006  
Blogger GhostfaceKillah said...

Hi. Is the GT your refering to the UKGT final in a weeks time? If so i will be there with my VC.

8:09 PM, January 25, 2006  
Blogger Big Hamster said...

Nah, it's our local GT here in the Philippines :-) But yes, if I do get to come to UK, I might be there also, hehe

9:34 AM, January 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home