Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Last Week In Xiamen, China

I'm back!

And I've been swamped with work ever since I got back from China last week, and add the fact that I'm alone here in the office this past fortnight ( my family went to Hong Kong ), my work pretty much has the difficulty level of Harvest Moon...in real life ( try building fences, milking the cow, raising chickens and grow crops everyday, each day, all day ) .

Anyways, after going through a dozen of ideas and half finished stories, I scrapped all of them in the final day of submission and made a new one in a little over a couple of hours. So it was that I submitted my short story with little drafting ( mostly grammer check ) and in the nick of time. It was a fun though, to see I was not the only one running to the 4th floor of Rockwell before the store closes at 10:30. I made it in time, passed my submission, and crossed my fingers

I'm not looking for a win though, since I made a couple of requirements wrong ( i.e. page numbers and titles in the bottom of the page ) I'm just hoping my work is appreciated, and aybe just good enough to be in the final compilation. Or even get my work mentioned by Neil Gaiman, now that would make my day, or a year even.

After that, I went to China. Xiamen to be exact, and the people there are almost like the people in Beijing...except more provincial. Still, it was a blast though. Here are some pics that speak for themselves...


Flying Hamster

...and some people don't believe that's me?! Gawd!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kyuzo said...

si hamster nga yan! labas ang tyan kasi!!! Bwahahaha!!!

8:08 PM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger El PresiBENte said...

That's the best imitation of Grandma Klump I've ever seen.

7:59 PM, March 17, 2006  
Blogger Big Hamster said...

Tangena nyo lahat! Bwahahaha!

3:07 PM, March 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home