Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It's That Time Of The Year

Summer always spells damnation on my line of work. This is the time where all the balikbayans and OFW's go back home to the country and build houses. And thus I have to deal with every stuck-up, feeling rich, look-at-me-I'm-better-than-you-cuz-I'm-wearing-a-cowboy-hat persons every single fricken' day.

Me: Good afternoon, how can I help you?
Mofo with Cowboy Hat: ( in an insulting FOB voice ) Yeah, afternoon to you. I'm have two apartments which requires tiles. Understand that I intend these apartments to cater to high-end customers. I want my white friends to be pampered with.
Me: Very good sir. We do have a nice selection of high end tiles just right for your place.
Mofo with Cowboy Hat: HIGH END! PAKSHET! You think I'm made of money?! Show me the cheapest ones!

High class apartments with cheap tiling? At that point, my brain went into idiot mode and just followed the Mofo around while he gestures this and that, trying to show off his "american accent" and fake jewellry. And at this time of the year, I get this variations almost every day. But I also hate lawyers. Especially the cocky ones.

Me: Good Morning Sir! I understand you're a friend of my Dad and are looking for a nice watercloset.
Lawyer: Yes, and I have made my choice. This one, I like it.
Me: Ah, nice choice sir, the La Peral WC, worth P35,000.
Lawyer: So since I'm a friend of your Boss-Dad, you'll sell it to me at 33,000.
Me: ( after a hurried calculation and checking if this is ok with Boss-Dad ) Sure sir, no problem.
Lawyer: ( Smirks ) So how many days?
Me: Days ... sir?
Lawyer: The terms. How many days to pay?
Me: (again, after consulting with Boss-Dad) Sir, no problem! Dad tells me you can pay it in 30 days.
Lawyer: 30 days lang?! Don't you know who I am? Puneta, if you don't give me more I'll look somewhere else.

After another consultation...

Me: Sir, we can extend it to 45 days.
Lawyer: Hmmmph. That would be ok. So, reserve it for me and I'll get it in the next two months.
Me: ( thinking ) Ok, now you're in my all time list of assholes.

But nothing, nothing I repeat, compares to dealing with the Nunnery, or the Sisterhood.

Me: Good noon, Sister! How can I help you?
Sister: What a nice man! Sure, can you help find some good tiles? Just the cheap ones, its for the orphanage.
Me: No problem Sister ( and I proceed to show here some low cost tiles. )
Sister: These are cheapest ones? Understand that we're just a poor foundation.
Me: Yes Sister, I do understand. These are our bargain, promo and net items, nothing is more lower that this. Only cost you 18.75 per tile.
Sister: Really? So how much discount can you give me?
Me: Sister naman, you're joking right? These are bargain items, any more discounts then we have to sell them at a loss.
Sister: Please? It's for a good cause. Can you give it to me at 10.00 per tile?
Me: Er, no. I might as well give it to you free.
Sister: You give it to me free?! What a Son of God you are!
Me: Er, no. That was a figure of speech ( and a sarcastic one, but the nun doesn't get it )
Sister: Oh ( she pouts ). C'mon now, please? It's truly for a good cause. It's for the Lord you know.

And she got me right there. "It's for the Lord". Being raised as a true Catholic, it's hard to refuse. It's either sell goods to earn money, or be excommunicated by the Church. Tough choice.

These stories end in a way. Mofo with Cowboy Hat got what he wanted, a "high end place ( with cheap tiling! ) " and he's ready to show it off to his friends ( although I had a hard time looking for him to pay up his balance, had to resort to calling his daughter and talking with her about it, the dickhead ). The Lawyer never got around to confirm that he wants the La Peral, so I sold it to a customer who was more that willing to buy it now, and in cold hard cash. Manigas siya. The Sister I got off lightly, selling her broken tiles by the sack, since it just cost 50 per sack and telling her you can design the whole orphange using the varied multicolored items. She left with plans of grandeur. At least I didn't get to be excommunicated.

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....

Work has been piling in great bunches, now that summer is here. While people play and frolic at the beaches and generally have fun, I slave away the busiest parts of the year here at the office. Add to the fact that I lost four of "old" people these past month ( they got better job offers ), I'm currently training new people, and looking for an assistant to help me at least manage my other responsibilities. The company chart just came out, and it seems I'm handling the Main Store sales, the Branches, the Projects and the Installers group. Whoopee do.

And it just gets my thungas that even if I have a desk, I can no longer sit at it since I'm constantly in patrol at the showroom. And just this morning, I can no longer sit and take a rest, so I'm standing 8 hours everyday, with no lunch break. If anything, at least I'll get thin. But that doesn't stop me from being mad as hell. And I don't usually go bonkers but this last one is the last straw. Even up to now I can't sleep thinking about it. I guess I'll see what happens tommorow.

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....

July is the month to be, with just over two months left till my friends from Manila decided to stop by here and enjoy the food in Iloilo. And I can't wait, it's been a long time since we saw each other, so it's gonna be kinda like a reunion. Line up: Mike and his sister Stef, Masha, Chelly, Joanne, Jr and Ode. With the exception of Ode, they're also my then-gaming group in Manila, playing in Mike's place till the wee hours of the morning.

Had a talk with Ina this afternoon, asking if she can go too. If she goes, that makes us nine. So that makes us ... the Fellowship. Hehehehe.

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....

Warhammer GT is just around the corner, June 10th. So that means I'm polishing up my Orcs and Goblins for just one last hurrah. I'll be retiring them in favor for Ogres, but then again who knows? The Call of the Waaaaaagh is still strong inside of me. But going to the GT is enough for me, a time to relax and let loose. Besides, I get to see the guys again, and that would be worth more.

"Ere we go, Ere we go, ERE WE GO!"

State of Mind: Simmering Anger
Now Listening: Bullet in the Head by Rage Against the Machine
Now reading: The Year of Rogue Dragons: The Rage by Richard Lee Byers, Forgotten Realms
Looking for: Peace of Mind

1 Comments:

Blogger Pinoy Wargamer said...

WTF? I'd have chosen excommunication. No true servant of God would impugn upon his fellow men because of material things! Bloody f*ckin' hypocrite!

Sabi sayo ayos lang mapindot ang reset button para sa mundo eh. Matitira tayo nung mga masasamang damo. Ah, hindi ka pala kasama LOL!

4:49 PM, May 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home