Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Taking A Break

Work has been driving me hard lately, and now I'm stuck in the house, sick with coughs and sneezes and boogers and everything.

Overworked? Perhaps...

Well, not actually taking a big break, its just that I only have time to write one entry once a month, and for me that's kinda sucks. Why keep a blog when you can't update regularly? For some people that might be ok, but for me, the conscience gnaws deep inside. I sorta promised myself that I will write at least once a week. There isn't a day that goes by when I think "Damn, I'm so tired I don't have time to open my computer and just check my messages." ( Just now, I find myself having 200+ unread email messages. )

So I'm taking a forced leave. To clear my head of unwanted distractions. Barring spur of the moment events that need to be posted ( or, God forbid, get myself sick again and have free time ) I won't post anything till December 25, and maybe only just to post season greetings and stuff. If ever I get in the clear, I'll be back on January, hopefully more disciplined in time management.

That saying...

Well, I got finally back from traveling. These past 3 months I saw me in Brazil, Argentina, New Zealand, Australia and China. And then a chance trip to Davao to attend a wedding and back to Manila last couple of weeks for the Philconstruct exhibit. You could say I had a brief respite in Davao, since it was really cool to be with my batchmates in Beijing.

Attack of the ladies!
Clockwise from bottom left: Ivy, Joy, Eileen,
Tintin, Heidi and Maricel


I guess that says enough, hehehe.

Meanwhile, all the time I've traveling here and there I get to buy books! And that what makes these trips bearable, exotic locations nonwithstanding. When I travel and the time I arrive home, books usually take half my luggage space. No more space? Buy another bag. Excess weight? Handcarry at least three bags ( How typically Pinoy ).

To wit, I got me some gems, like Terry Prachett's Hat Full of Sky, Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things, Ted Dekker's Blink, Nick Hornby's High Fidelity and 31 songs, A Feast of Crows by George R.R. Martin, some DC JLA comic books, Batman's Hush Series, Samurai Executioner by Kazuo Koike ( story arc based on Lone Wolf and Cub series ), some Hellboy comics, Orson Scott Card's Speaker of the Dead series, David Eddings' The Elder Gods ... the list goes on and on.

At least I'll have something to last me till January.

Now where's my box for sniffles..?

State of Mind: suffocating Irritation
Now Reading: A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin ( refresher for Feast of Crows )
Now Listening: The Arsonist by Urbandub
Looking For: The Power to Timestop! So that I'll never have backlog again!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, that babe in red is hawt!

Anyway, if you're in the Brisbane area, let me know. My folks are there. I can hook you up with a place to stay, just say the word ^_^

Merry Christmas, dude!

9:14 AM, December 25, 2006  
Blogger Pinoy Wargamer said...

^ weird... I posted as anonymous #-o

4:51 PM, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Big Hamster said...

Oh, she's hot all right, with a matigas na personality to boot! Hehehe, what's weird is that i saw it first as Shinkim before they changed it to anonymous.

8:59 PM, January 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home