Monday, January 01, 2007

Another Year Passes By...

I started the year by waking up from a 20 hour hibernation. Last December 31 saw me shifting stuff in my room, going through the annual Room Purging Rituals, lest self combustion happens when I'm sleeping. I finally got through cataloging my books and cds, throwing away stuff that I don't really need ( and yes there's a lot them: some stubs, used tickets, old newsprints... ) and keeping some others in the family bodega ( some stubs, used tickets, old newsprints ... I kid myself silly). I even realized that I bought a book twice; I haven't had the time to read the original one before and forgot about it. So, all in all, the day before the new year arrives saw me in Operation Dustus Exterminatus, the better to breath in deeply and finally find some room to walk in my room. Then I fell asleep.

I fell asleep at around 11:30, December 31, woke up at 2pm the next day, slept again by 3 after a slight lunch and woke up again at around elevenish just to hear the fireworks go off. Then sleep again after a couple of hours or so. I loved that day. What really amuses me that day also is the sign I saw outside our subdivision. I only noticed the Christmas Celebration part when I finally saw what's written underneath:


Ok, so how do we celebrate our Christmas and how will we usher in the New Year? I know, let's have an Miss Gay competition and a Bikini Open the next day! Wow, I feel the spirit of Christmas already! And a Bikini Open before New Year?! What a great idea! And our theme will be ... "GIVE LOVE ON CHRISTMAS DAY!" Holy Macaroni! Where's my thong and make up?!!

Sometimes I just despair for the people here in the provinces...

Anyways, so what's in store for me this 2007? A lot actually. Here's some examples...

1.) My brother annouced that he's getting married this June 28. And yes I'm pretty much proud that he's taking the next step ( some would say fatal ) in life and wish him the best of luck. I always said that he's the one getting married first because a.) my girl hasn't graduated high school ... I mean law school yet, hehehe, with a bar exam to boot, and b.) everything is perfect for them and the only thing left is to walk down that altar. Besides, I was the guy who introduced his girl to him, hehehe.



What really gets into my thungas is that people are going around jokingly telling me how sad that my brother is getting married first than me. I mean, so? What's wrong with that? At first I thought it was politeness or some sort of nonsensical witticism but after a couple dozen of people or so it gets pretty tiring. And they have to buy me a gift because they're going first! What's with that? So that I could forgive them for getting married? I raise my eyebrows a couple of centimeters higher than usual. Then I just found out that it's an old wives tale ( but still practiced today nevertheless ) that in the event that a younger sibling gets married first than the elder, the newlyweds must buy a gift to elder sibling so that he or she will still get married in the future. Hey, I'm just happy my bro and his girl got hitched, no need to thank me, much less pay for my services.

But in the end, I relented to them offering me a Nintendo WII.

At that point my sensibilities crumbled and squeeked out an "Ok, whatever you want" with visions of me playing Zelda in the living room and making a bow motion with my hands ... Nah, I'm just joking. There's no need to give me anything, I'm just happy he's getting married. 'Nuff said.

... ... ...

Thanks in advance though, hehehe.

2.) I have just been promoted, nay, shanghaied into taking another responsibility. I am now Head of Sales and Purchasing, the two sides of the coin. My brother used to be the head of that department and now he's being transferred into Finance and Admin, my auntie's position. Our Head of Purchasing has gotten a good offer at the US and she's taking care of her papers in the event that everything is ok with the Embassy. So I have six months to try and learn her work and eventually take over both departments.


Oh, I now worked 11 hours a day at 7 days a week. Yep, that 8-7 everyday from Monday to Sunday. And it just hits me so bad that I couldn't lose weight even though I'm working at those hours. One good thing, however small, is that during Sunday I get to have the office to myself and finish up whatever needs to be done and just deal with the incidentals during the normal working days. And yes, finally, I can probably update this blog every Sunday, barring deadlines and such. I can thank you for that small measure.

3.) The reason my bro's taking over Finance and Admin is because my Auntie is diagnosed with cancer, and it's the fourth stage. We can't even visit her, even during Christmas, because of the limited contact rule. That doctor says that the less outside contact ( or germs ) the less chance of a complication. So for now, we just talked once in a while just to cancel out her being alone.

4.) 2007 marks the 10 years after we have shaken off and burned our high school clothes and proceeded out to the wild with a complete and utter understanding of the world. 10 years later, we just found out we were completely and utterly wrong about everything. Nah, just joking. This is year marks our 10th batch anniversary, so who do you think people is looking forward to arrange the reunion? Yours truly. As if I have the time to even talk with my batchmates, much less arrange one. We'll see as time goes by I guess...


My batch has always been close, my barkada even closer. Hell, even my best friend and me started out during kindergarten, along with half our barkada. So it's no surprise that even through the years, people still get in touch with each other. Even people who loathed each other in high school now talk to each other as if they were the best of friends. Weird. I guess the correct term is not Batchmate but perhaps Hivemate... or better yet, Spawnmate! Yes, we started out in kindergarten ( the spawning ground ), got out of elementary ( the cocoon stage ) and finally high school ( where we got our fangs and horns ). This reunion promises to be chockfull of hidden surprises ( you're pregnant?! ), malicious intrigues ( who's the father of your child? ), lost loves ( What do you mean I gave you syphillis before?! ) and flashbacks galore ( I remember dancing with you to the tune of " Wake Me Up, Before You Go-Go!" ).

All in all, just your standard High School Reunion. Can't wait for this one.

This Sunday I'll finish with my thoughts and plans for the new year.

Frame of Mind: Dying Buzz
Song of the Day: Hey Preppy ( Ascolto Mix ) by Drip
Book of the Week: Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny
Want or Need: More Sleeping Time

2 Comments:

Blogger howling said...

Whoa. You slept through from new year's eve till the next day the following year? You sleep way too much Big H!

Bikini Open. I miss home already.

12:37 AM, January 07, 2007  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

hamster owes me beer. now if i can only win a ticket to get there to claim it... +P

happy new year man. ;)

8:02 AM, January 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home