Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Birthday Blah

It was my birthday last January 18 and what did I do? Nothing special, just a quiet evening with the girlfriend. Not because I was tired ( I'm always tired ) but because I have to leave for Manila the next day. Or more specifically, Manila and then going to Cavite, Pampanga, Lipa etc. to look for a prospective branch site. This is the first time I spent my birthday quietly, without the bells and whistles attached, wherein I usually do a party at the weekend with a couple dozen of my closest friends i.e. schoolmates, barkadas etc.

But I did get something out of my trip, where I got to buy some books. Some notables include Kurt Vonegut's The Sirens of Titan, James Blish's Cities in Flight, Alfred Besters' My Stars My Destination, some DC Universe novels, a couple of Warhammer novels and also couple of DC and Image comic books. Oh, I finally found a store that sells Mac Programs cheap, and that for me made my day a little brighter.

Hmmm...

So, now I'm 27. I look like 30. My folks said I have the maturity of 20. Huzzah. So I'll just wish for three outrageous things ( wishful thinking really ) and let it go at that.

1.) Join a band and go indie. Just so I could vent off some rage and restlessness. Even a monthly local gig would be nice. An album would be much better.

2.) Publish something. I've been ranting about this for more than a couple of years now, and I'm nowhere near finished. Perhaps this would be finished this year. Fingers crossed...

3.) Set up a sideline business, preferably a hobby store, with weekly DOTA, Starcraft and CS tournaments in mind. If I have the money and time, I'd do this tommorow, but hey I wish I could...

Oh, Happy Birthday to me. May this year be glorious and interesting.


Frame of Mind: Glorious Blah
Song of the Day: Barricade by Love Me Butch
Book of the Week: Batman: City of Crime by David Lapham
Want or Need: Lomo Camera!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a late happy birthday to you! ^_^ you have the same birthday as up dharma down's bassist! ^_^ katuwa naman posts mo!

10:06 AM, January 24, 2007  
Blogger howling said...

Happy Birthday!!! May all your wishes / dreams come true.

Oh yeah. Fronting an indie band is rather cool. I would love to achieve that before my 50th... although, I would be crumbly by then.

7:58 PM, January 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey big hamster! ^_^ big thanks for the link. hope it's okay with you if i add you to my links list, too. and thanks for the comment. you make a lot of sense, you know. ^_^

and ps.: you don't look 30. in fact, you look 27!

8:22 AM, January 25, 2007  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

@acey

i'd agree with you on what you say about big hamster. having known the guy, i see first hand the sense to his madness. ^_^

@big hamster

again, belated happy birthday man. hope you had a good one. may you roll high on to hit rolls and roll low on leadership checks.

i agree with acey, you dont look 30. and for the record, you're the one who brought it up that you're a little on the round and bald side when we saw each other last. ;)

hehehe...

ps. you still owe me a beer, with interest! +P

11:18 AM, January 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home