Monday, December 31, 2007

The End is Nigh!

Ok, so the year ends in just few hours from now, and I'm half listening/watching Pearl Jam's New York DVD concert. I still got work ( what else is new? ), and only just the New Year and Christmas time that I get to have that 24 hour break from drudgery. Hmmm, a lot of stuff happened, but first, contemplation and expectations for the next year.

Big news is that I'm getting married next year (that news never gets old, so forgive me for being a romantic), and we decided to go to the theme of Modern Filipiana Fiesta. So lots of barongs and lechons os the table, and yes, we plan to have three sorbetos carts in the area (that idea was pure genius!), and then try to have a garden wedding fit the budget. Hmmm, that's one I gotta watch out for, resist spending on "non-essentials". So next year, no iPhone, no Macbook, no gaming ( but maybe just the GT ), no more desserts and extra servings. But if there's a book sale ...God help me.

Another news is that two of closest friends, Mike and Rochelle, are also getting married next year, in June. Guess who's the best man? Well, I wasn't actually expecting to get that honor, but looking back, I always been there to there to share some of their blessings, even if I'm here in Iloilo and they in Manila. Actually really feel very honored, to have touched both their lives, and that really counts for something.

:::The Batch '97 10th Year Reunion:::

After six months of preparation, we got the reunion off without a hitch and actually was a huge success. Only a third of our batch came, and that's to be expected since most of classmates are either in the states/working night shifts/could not come because of family etc. And I actually expected that number to come out, and I wasn't wrong.

We graduated from West Visayas State University, one of the toughest high schools in the Visayas. A rigid entrance exam, plus the fatc that you can only enter the school at first year, ensures that the quality of students is high in academics. We started out 107 students, we graduated with 100, the others couldn't keep up with the system. And as such that we were the chosen few, we knew each other, and most of each other's secrets/scandals/issues etc. If I were to describe our school it would like UP without the rebellious nature, Pisay but without total nerdishness. And since we are few, we both excelled in sports in academics.



So we had our reunion. And we had a blast, from games, like "Give me what I want", but with a slight difference being that the emcee was asking for "a solution of liquid with a PH value of 7" ( see what I mean about being nerdy? Oh, he meant ice tea by the way ) to raffle prizes. Yes, we did have raffle prizes, the first prize was a Sofa Bed ( which was won by Bespren Earl by the way ) and we also have a teacher as a guest. I mean, which High School can give you that? Just feeling some school pride.

:::The Meeting of the Old Guard:::

The week after, I got into a another reunion, this time in old YFC group. I used to be quite a "personality here", and I admit I grew up fast during this time. Suffice to say, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have learned three things: to play in a band, to be a good leader, and to be have faith. I started out way back '94, then got happily yet regrettedly faded out in '04. But I still see some of them around, and this reunion proved that no matter where you are, no matter where you go, if you had been part of something big, you're still part of that group. Nuff said.



State of Mind:
Song of the Day: Baba O'Reilly By Pearl Jam (cover song)
Book of the Week: Speaker of the Dead by Orson Scott Card
Want/Need: More Downtime

3 Comments:

Blogger x said...

happy new year, big hamster!!!!! :) go, hamster, go! :)

6:05 PM, January 03, 2008  
Blogger Kyuzo said...

happy new year man. oist, you got my message regarding that mailing address? or maybe you're not yet done with your "advance review", so i dont mind just yet. ;)

7:50 AM, January 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The long lost sky is there :)

12:21 PM, February 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home