Sunday, May 03, 2009

Resurrection Mortis

It has been awhile since my last blog entry. I could lie that because of natural disasters,, momentous events and personal life intruding I couldn't blog a single entry since... (looks at the previous entry) dear God, June 2008?! Well, okay almost a year has past since I blogged about anything. And yes, its true that because of natural disasters, momentous events and personal life intruding that I didn't have time to post a single entry. I'll recap by the months.

June: Since I got transferred from my bedroom to my sala, I got zilch for internet connection. And I have no privacy whatsoever. And since its the sala, I got to experience again the wonders of "Lights out!" at 10pm. 
July: Typhoon Frank. Need I say more? Let's say the house got flooded, half of my book collection got destroyed (read: 500+ books). We transferred to the next house (my auntie) and stayed there for a couple of weeks.
August: Still in mourning for my lost books. No internet connection for another couple of months. And still sleeping on the sala. Plus, preparations were made for the wedding.
September: More preparations as the countdown comes closer. The cake, the dress, the barong, the venue, the caterers, the rings, the people attending, the people involved, the people who were not invited and will be ignored etc.
October: The wedding commences. As the groom (I did tell you it was my wedding right?), I was led to the altar like sheep to a slaughter. Ever wonder why the bride looks radiant and the groom always looks slightly constipated? Now I know.
November: Preparations were made for the honeymoon. Preparations were made for living conditions. Preparations were made for paying the wedding bills (my eyebrows shot to the heavens on the final tally). 
December: Paris, Milan, Florence, Rome. The 'backpacking' honeymoon. Learned a lesson: Never, ever bring a trolley bag to Europe. If you must, make sure it has arm slings to carry on your back.
January: Preparations were made for paying the honeymoon trip. My jaw dropped straight into the ground. Also visitors for the yearly Dinagyang Festival. Plus it was my birthday. Whoopeedo.
February: Getting into the vibe of living in two houses. Half the week is mine, the other half is hers and we wrestle for the odd day. Sometimes, we had drinking contests but I soon stopped once I figured out she was cheating by pouring the beer to the dogs.  Also, it was her birthday.
March: All business. Another major change is coming and, suffice to say, it will be life changing. Also planned a holy week trip. Lastly, got invited to write in a local magazine and maybe the local newspaper.
April: The Great North Luzon Trip! One car, six friends, six days from Manila to Ilocos Norte, then going south from Laoag to Vigan to Baguio etc. Personal favorites: The Bangui Windmills, the House of Juan Luna and the Streets of Vigan. Also the Payao Church, Unesco Heritage Site!!!
May: Thinking about writing again (since I'm doing magazines and newspapers) and actually doing it. Also, L5R Kotei is this month. Plus, it might be that one of my dreams will come true: my very own store.

Okay, so that's in the nutshell. I really would like recap all but now I wish to focus on the future. So, again barring natural disasters, momentous events and personal life, I'm back for good. See you all on the net.

State of Mind: Fresh yet Slightly Overwhelmed
Song of the Day: Beautiful Mess by Jason Mraz
Book of the Week: Flip: The Guide to World Domination by Various Artists
Want/Need: Trollblood Champion Box

3 Comments:

Blogger Skron said...

You came back. I've been a follower of your blog since July. Just a month after you left.

Best of luck on your store. I assume it's the type that sells geek stuff like RPG rule books and Magic Cards. One of my dreams is also going back in Iloilo and having my own Comic Book Store/Internet Cafe.

2:27 PM, May 03, 2009  
Anonymous acey said...

you're aliiive! welcome back, big H! :D

that was an interesting year, ne! :D congrats again!

6:50 PM, May 07, 2009  
Blogger Big Hamster said...

Skron: thanks dude, much obliged. Yup, it's going to be a full fledged hobby store, maybe this year if things work out, complete with miniatures and ccgs. Also RPGs definitely, hehe.

Acey: thanks acey, it's really good to be back. I'll see you around, hehe

5:24 PM, May 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home